July 25, 2008

I'll try being nicer, if you try being smarter.

I wanted to state for the record, that my first 2 Posts could easily paint me as a jaded, cynical, and pessimistic person. This is really not the case, I just can't stand people who don't listen, don't engage their brain, possess a God-complex, are narcissistic, lie, cheat, or in general get in my way. For the most part, I am still the naive individual that thinks that everyone has something good inside of them and for the most part, people are good and try to make the best of what they have or been dealt. We're all just trying to get through the day, enjoy life, make friends, laugh, love often, and leave the world a little better place for having been in it. I go through life trying to make people laugh, and offering a helping hand when needed. I am still a hopeless romantic that has been burnt by love more times than I can count, but still believes that Mr. Right and I will meet and live happily ever after. I relate to and am proud to be like those described in Garth Brooks' "Standing Outside the Fire"...


We call them strong
Those who can face this world alone
Who seem to get by on their own
Those who will never take the fall
We call them weak
Who are unable to resist
The slightest chance love might exist
And for that forsake it all
They're so hell-bent on giving ,walking a wire
Convinced it's not living if you stand outside the fire
Standing outside the fire
Standing outside the fire
Life is not tried, it is merely survived
If you're standing outside the fire

2 comments:

Becky said...

Carrie -
your posts are great... you have a talent! They're hilarious... since I know you. :) You put such a fun spin on things! Thanks for posting your blog. I posted it on my blog and I'll enjoy reading yours.
Love,
Becky

Shirley said...

Carrie, Those of us who know and love you have never had a doubt about the kind, loving, and incredibly gifted person that is YOU... I love your blog and you! Aunt Shirley